Thursday, July 23, 2009

How did this happen?

I'm creating this blog against the wishes of my dear husband, who is deeply opposed to even the mere idea of it. (Actually, I haven't told Brian that I'm doing it, but I know he'll protest it when I do.) I never thought that I'd be someone who was interested in creating a blog, but as I've learned in the last several months, things change and can change fairly quickly. About 8 months ago, Brian, Simon and I were living a completely different life where going out to eat, making a spur-of-the-moment trip for ice cream at the local Yardly Ice House, and sleeping in were not only possible but were commonplace. Now those things are just distant memories. How did this happen?

Answer: Avery (or as I like to call her, 'munk*) finally decided to make an appearance, about one week after her due date, on December 12, 2008. Since then, nothing has been quite the same. It took us a while, but we eventually adjusted to life as parents. We quickly realized, however, that as soon as you become "adjusted" to the way life is with a baby, she will change again....and again...and again. I guess that's part of what makes raising kids so great. Anyway, to get to the heart of the answer to my original question - I decided to create this blog because I felt like time was passing by too quickly. One minute Avery was still rolling around in me. The next minute, she was peacefully sleeping in my arms or on Brian's chest. Then suddenly she was rolling around the floor. Pretty soon she'll be crawling and the next thing you know, she'll be in college. So, I'm hoping that this blog will help me to document all of those important moments before I forget the details surrounding them. And as many of you know, I love details. Given that, don't be surprised if the next few blog entries are retrospectives about events from the last year.

*In case you're wondering why I call Avery "'munk" - it's short for "chipmunk". If you're wondering why i refer to her as a chipmunk, just look at this photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment